About the library
Library services to the community began in 1907 from a small room inside the Violet Township High School. In 1915, we became the smallest community to qualify for a Carnegie Library. The library resided in the Carnegie building until the move to Opportunity Way in 1993. The current library needed additional space to provide more services to our patrons. Construction began in 2005, and the renovation was completed later that year. We were able to add a computer lab, meeting room space, private study rooms, and additional space for materials.